Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little-known facts about yourself. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 10 weird habits/things/little-known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you need to choose 10 people to be tagged and list their names.
1. I have a desperate and lifelong case of vertigo. Can't even climb a ladder without getting dizzy and falling. I once couldn't avoid climbing to the top of the Colorado State Capitol dome, and it took the combined tenor and bass sections of the college choir I was traveling with to get me down again. (I did warn them in advance, but did they believe me?)
2. When I wear a turtleneck and am sitting around reading or knitting or otherwise mentally occupied, I habitually pull it up over my mouth and nose. This led my mother to call me "Black Bart." I say, cold nose, warm heart. (Er, cold nose, healthy dog?)
3. When I've had too much to drink, my favorite party trick is to recite Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress."
4. The worst case of food poisoning I've ever had was from bacalhau. I ate it at an ill-conceived potluck held in a university residence hall in Scotland. There are things that really can't be prepared correctly on a contraband hotplate . . .
5. I spent eight years in graduate school at Indiana University during the imperial reign of Bobby Knight, and never went to a basketball game. The closest I ever came to the fieldhouse was the parking lot, where my friends and I went to watch the Bloomington fireworks display on the Fourth of July.
6. I'm the only daughter of an only daughter, which isn't quite as glamorous as being the seventh son of a seventh son, but we take what we can get.
7. My confirmation name is Mary. That's what happens when you don't make a decision beforehand: you wind up with the default.
8. Despite studying music from the age of five on, and playing two instruments pretty well, I can't memorize music unless it has words attached. I realized this early on, though it took years to convince my piano teacher that I wasn't just lazy. The good part is that, once I did convince her, she found me all kinds of delicious accompanying gigs. If I had had any perseverance, guts, or ambition where music was concerned, I would have majored in accompaniment and opera coaching in college.
9. I played Dolly Levi in The Matchmaker (straight play, not musical) when I was a sophomore in high school. My first kiss was onstage; it's a shame I didn't have even the teensiest bit of a crush on the boy who played Horace Vandergelder, isn't it?
10. I can dribble a basketball with either hand. At least, I could the last time I tried.
I think everybody else on my flist has been tagged a buncha times . . . if you haven't, then consider yourself IT!